Is there a right and wrong way to do a pose? Are you confused by conflicting alignment cues?
For teachers and trainees.
Sat 22nd Oct 2022 ~ 1:30pm to 4:30pm (3hrs)
In this newly updated and expanded workshop, you will learn how to practise and teach yoga asana informed by contemporary understanding of alignment and anatomy, applied to your unique body and intentions. We will learn how to avoid confusion on the mat and experience the exciting possibilities that emerge when we let go of alignment absolutes and yoga dogma.
For : teachers, teacher trainees and inquisitive students.
Through an experiential practice, discussion, and interactive Q&A we will learn:
* how to open up new alignment options for the most common of poses such as downward-facing dog, triangle pose, revolved triangle pose, wheel pose, and other confusing favourites
* how to practise and teach with adaptable anchors of stability and alignment from which range of motion and individual pose expression can be explored
* how to explore the intentions of postures, and methods to work with internal and external goals
Learn to embrace and celebrate the challenge by using practical techniques to create inclusivity for everyone.
For teachers and trainees.
Sun 23rd Oct 2022 ~ 11:30am to 3pm (3½hrs)
This is often the most discussed and worry-producing aspect of teaching public classes: how do you teach all the different levels and abilities in one room (or online platform) at one time?
Instead of fighting against the reality of the problem, we will learn to embrace and celebrate the challenge by utilising practical techniques to create an inclusive and compassionate class environment with options for everyone.
Through an experiential practice, discussion and interactive Q&A we will learn:
* how to understand the mystery of what makes certain poses hard for some and easy for others
* how to prepare, sequence, and cue meaningful options and alternatives for your students
* how to teach more than one class at the same time without losing the plot
For : yoga teachers and trainees of all experience levels.
A feel-good practice to calm and soothe your body and mind as we journey into deep rest.
Sat 22nd Oct 2022 ~ 6pm to 7:30pm (90mins)
Need some yoga tools to practice self-kindness and care? You deserve a feel-good practice! In this extended class, you will learn and experience practical techniques of self-massage, breath manipulation, and flow-based movement to calm and soothe your body and mind.
Meditations and visualisations will be explored to help you develop an attitude of self-compassion as we journey into deep rest.
Join us and take away practices you can use whenever you need a bit of yoga love.
For : students of all levels.